About the PCA
Professional Charter Association
The Professional Charter Association (PCA) was formed in 1991 by a small group of professional charter skippers and owners whose principal activity was that of skippered charter in UK domestic and overseas waters for both the private and corporate sectors.
The Association's aims are:
- To promote and protect the interests of its members;
- To ensure the safety of passengers and crews on board member vessels at all times;
- To ensure that the interests of the charterer are upheld;
- To ensure that member vessels are equipped and maintained to the highest standards and operated within or exceeding national, local and harbour regulations.
Since the formation of the PCA, the UK yacht charter industry has seen a significant increase in legislation governing its activities, from the introduction of the 'Codes of Practice for Small Commercial Vessels' in 1994 to legislation concerning the provision of alcohol on board charter vessels and the increased burdens of insurance and liability. Over this period the PCA has helped its members with advice on all aspects of charter operation. The Association also provides an excellent networking platform as well as a source of skippers, crew and other related contacts.
There are many new owners entering the charter market as well as established operators to whom the PCA can provide a valuable source of vital information and the assurance to their clients that the membership of a credible associate body provides.
Why Join the PCA
The PCA is a non-profit making organisation which promotes and protects the interest of its members and safety of passengers, Crews and vessels at all times.
Charterer's interests are upheld and the PCA ensures that its members operate within or exceed national regulations covering Charter Vessels.
- Trade Voice for the Charter Industry
- Right to fly the PCA Flag
- Working together with fellow professional charterers
- Documentation downloads
- Technical Advice/ Resources
Categories of Membership
Full Member either Sole Operators or Multi Vessel Operators is a person who has an active interest in chartering.
Associate Member or Crew Directory for Skippers / Stewards / Crew / who has an interest in chartering.
Honorary Membership is granted with the full agreement of the committee to one who has served the association.
Join the PCA
PCA Membership is open to any owner, operator, agent or skipper of a UK registered.